“We are very excited to be welcoming our new intake to St. Mary’s over the next term. We have a range of activities planned that start in May and go right through until the October of Year 7.”
The aim of our transition work is to make the move from Primary School to St Mary’s as easy and smooth for you as possible. We want to find out lots about you and we want for you to find out lots about us.
We have an exciting programme of events planned for your move from Primary School:
- Student transition workshops - here we will share your hopes for life at St Mary’s and also explore any concerns you may have. These will take place in your primary school.
- Parental Interviews – you will get a letter inviting you to come with your parents to visit St Mary’s and tell us all about yourself, these visits will take place on the 22nd or 25th May.
- Taster lessons – here you will have a chance to experience lessons in our classrooms and we will also “fingerprint” you ready for you to use our cashless catering system.
- Transition Day/Evening – this is on the 29th June 2017 and will run from 9.30am – 2.30pm for you and then again from 5.15pm for your parent/carers. You will get a chance to meet your form tutor on this day.
- First day – the Big One! We are looking forward to this and you will get more information about it on Transition Day
- Welcome Conference – our exciting Welcome Conference is the 4th and 5th October.
- Mass of Welcome - 5th October (evening).