The aim of our transition work is to make the move from Primary School to St Mary’s as easy and smooth for you as possible. We want to find out lots about you and we want for you to find out lots about us.
We have an exciting programme of events planned for your move from Primary School:
- Student transition workshops - here we will share your hopes for life at St Mary’s and also explore any concerns you may have. These will take place in your primary school.
- Parental Interviews – you will get a letter inviting you to come with your parents to visit St Mary’s and tell us all about yourself, these visits will take place on the 24th or 26th May
- Taster lessons – here you will have a chance to experience lessons in our classrooms and we will also “fingerprint” you ready for you to use our cashless catering system.
- Transition Day/Evening – this is on the 30th June 2016 and will run from 9.30am – 2.30pm for you and then again from 5.30pm for your parent/carers. You will get a chance to meet your tutor on this day.
- First day – the Big One! We are looking forward to this and you will get more information about it on Transition Day
- Welcome conference – our exciting Welcome Conference is the 4th and 5th October